Guests with Dogs
As a family, we have always owned dogs and currently have a wide selection. This gives us a valuable insight into what dogs want and owners need. Our dogs like walks, dog friendly beaches, places to play and run as well as places to do their “business” and we like to let them do all of those and to keep them safe in an enclosed garden.
Therefore new to 2011 we are happy to announce that some of our Barns now welcome well behaved dogs, the number of dogs per barn may be restricted due to space, and this is clearly shown in the description.
For the sake of our environment and maintaining the quality of our barns, we feel it is important to provide some guidelines for dogs and their owners visiting Manor Mews.
- A charge of £25 per dog, per week or short break is made for this facility
- There is no charge for assistance dogs
- You must tell us that you are bringing a dog when you make your booking
- You must bring your own pet basket and towels with you for keeping your pet clean and dry
- Under no circumstances may your pet(s) lie on the beds, sofas, chairs or furniture
- Pets must not be left unattended in the property or elsewhere at Manor Mews
- While in the public area of Manor Mews dogs must be on a lead in the charge of an adult at all times and not allowed to run free
- It is the guests responsibility to clear up ‘mess’ immediately after their pet whilst in the private barn garden, public areas of Manor Mews property and surrounding local walks
- Each barn has a securely fenced private garden
- If you are likely to need to leave your dog unattended at Manor Mews, we may be able to help with a kennel subject to availability at an additional charge or dog sitters can be arranged for the evening.
- Animals other than dogs can only be accepted with specific permission from the property owner
- In the interest of visitors’ safety, and following government legislation, we are unable to accept the following types of dog: American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fila Brasileiro and Dogo Argentino even where these types of dog are muzzled as required by government legislation
- We do not accept dogs under the age of 6 months
- We reserve the right to ask any guest and their party to leave should their pet be left unattended, be a nuisance, uncontrollable, cause damage or noise disruption to any other guest staying at Manor Mews
- Any harm or damage caused by a pet whilst staying at Manor Mews is the owner’s sole responsibility and Manor Mews will not accept any liability
- You will be billed for any damage incurred by your pet
- It is recommended that the hirer is covered by both personal holiday insurance and pet insurance.
We are here to help, please do not hesitate to ask.
There are lots of beautiful public footpaths and bridleways in the immediate area but we ask that you close all gates, keep to footpaths and your ensure your pet is under control at all times as there are farm animals in the surrounding fields. We also have some beautiful dog friendly beaches.
We would be happy to give you information on these so that you and your dog can make the most of your holiday.