As a family, we have always owned dogs and currently have a wide selection. This gives us a valuable insight into what dogs want and owners need. Our dogs like walks, dog friendly beaches, places to play and run as well as places to do their “business” and we like to let them do all of those and to keep them safe in an enclosed garden.
To help maintain the quality of our barns and surrounding area, we feel it is important to provide some guidelines for dogs and their owners visiting Manor Mews.
- All our properties except The Manor House accept well behaved dogs
- The number of dogs per barn may be restricted due to space, and this is clearly stated in the description of each property
- We must be informed at the time of booking how many dog/s you wish to bring
- You must bring your own dogs necessities including; bed, food, bowls, and towels with you
- Under no circumstances may your pet/s permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture
- Pets must not be left unattended in the property or elsewhere at Manor Mews as this can result in considerable damage to the property and distress to the pet
- While in the public area of Manor Mews dogs must be on a lead in the charge of an adult at all times and not allowed to run free
- It is the guests responsibility to clear up ‘mess’ immediately after their pet whilst in the private barn garden, public areas of Manor Mews property and surrounding local walks
- If you are likely to need to leave your dog unattended for short periods of time at Manor Mews, your dog must be left in a crate (not supplied)
- Animals other than dogs can only be accepted with specific permission from the property owner
- In the interest of visitors’ safety, and following government legislation, we are unable to accept the following types of dog even where these types of dog are muzzled:
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- Japanese Tosa
- Fila Brasileiro
- Dogo Argentino
- We do not accept dogs under the age of 6 months unless specific permission has been given by the property owner
- We reserve the right to ask any guest and their party to leave should their pet be left unattended, be a nuisance, uncontrollable, cause damage or noise disruption to any other guest staying at Manor Mews
- Any harm or damage caused by a pet whilst staying at Manor Mews is the owner’s sole responsibility and Manor Mews will not accept any liability
- You will be billed for any damage incurred by your pet
- It is recommended that the hirer is covered by both personal holiday insurance and pet insurance.
There are lots of beautiful public footpaths and bridleways in the immediate area but we ask that you close all gates, keep to footpaths and ensure your pet is under control at all times as there are farm animals in the surrounding fields. We also have some beautiful dog friendly beaches.
We would be happy to give you information on these so that you and your dog can make the most of your holiday.